Let the games commence.

Let the games commence.
Here we go!

Monday, December 13, 2010

Embedding a Video

In the spirit of the season, I have embedded Jose Feliciano’s Christmas Classic, Feliz Navidad. Enjoy! You may also get a chuckle out of Jib Jab’s, He’s Barack Obama! He’s Come to Save the Day! I know I did. Have a clickfest on anything Jib Jab and you are sure to get a laugh.

There has been some interesting blogging about the use of video by libraries. Along with Hairy Harry and others I do think we could be using this media to spice up our websites. A blast of Feliz Navidad or a video tutorial on Blogging or Flickr or a home made video on one of our summer holiday activities could add humour and interest. There is a YouTube video on just about any topic and it may be possible to work them into whatever marketing theme a library is working with. Hmmmm, can’t wait for our next Marketing Group Meeting.

7 comments:

  1. I love it:) Its great to get into the Christmas spirit. It's one of my favourite Xmas songs:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should get a Jib Jab library Christmas song organised. I wonder how much they cost and how difficult it is to do

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would look great if the faces had been of Coo Library staff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe next year now that I've found them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the clip. I'll check out more JibJab

    ReplyDelete
  6. Entertaining clip! I can imagine it with the library staff faces, no need to actually follow through there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. using youtube in our blogs would spice things up. Good idea. The only problem I find is that the clips sometimes (depending on how big theya re) can slow a whole webpage down.

    ReplyDelete